Porcelain Veneers for a Beautiful Smile
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain moulded to fit your teeth attached to the front surface of a tooth to improve its appearance. The dentist in Aurora, ON, customizes porcelain veneers to fit the size and shade of your natural teeth. They are then applied permanently to your natural teeth using dental cement and ultraviolet light.
Porcelain veneers are used to give you a smile makeover by changing the colour, size, and shape of a tooth. There are other dental veneers, such as composite, but porcelain veneers are the most preferred since they are durable and stain-resistant.
Functions of Porcelain Veneers
These cosmetic enhancements can be used on the front top teeth. In addition, front teeth veneers are commonly placed on six teeth to improve the overall shape of your smile.
Porcelain veneers in Aurora, ON, are often used to cosmetically transform teeth that are:
- Chipped, worn down, or broken
These teeth are filled or resurfaced using the porcelain tooth-like shell.
- Have gaps between them
The veneers are shaped to cover the gaps for a beautiful smile.
- Irregularly shaped, misaligned, or uneven
They can be appropriately placed over your teeth to reduce these imperfections.
- Stained or discoloured
Stubborn or intrinsic teeth stains can be covered up permanently using porcelain veneers, giving you a whiter, brighter smile.
- Veneers for missing teeth
People who have suffered teeth or tooth loss can have porcelain veneers replace the missing teeth. Our dentists use special products and techniques to fill in gaps left in your mouth using veneers.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Minor cosmetic problems such as discoloration, misalignment, chipped, cracked, or teeth gaps are repaired quickly using porcelain veneers.
- After treatment, your confidence increases with porcelain veneers as they cover your dental flaws and give you a perfect smile.
- The structure of your tooth or surrounding teeth is not altered as the veneer is bonded to your tooth without drilling or shaping.
- Porcelain mimics the natural teeth’s light-reflecting property and gives you a natural-looking white smile. In addition, it’s a fast and easy way of permanently whitening stained teeth.
- They are stain-resistant and will maintain their original shade for years. Moreover, the ceramic material used in making porcelain veneers causes stains to roll off easily when wiped or cleaned.
- The results of dental veneer treatment by the dentist in Aurora, ON, are instant. It takes two appointments for your flawed teeth to be transformed for a whiter and more beautiful smile.
- You can drink and eat using the veneer teeth immediately after the procedure.
- With proper oral care and hygiene, porcelain teeth can last for years.
- Tooth enamel that has been damaged through abrasion and enamel erosion can be replaced with porcelain veneers.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
Your dentist will assess your teeth to ascertain whether veneers are the best option for changing the appearance of your smile. Patients with weakened enamel and gum disease are not ideal candidates for this treatment, but other options can fix their smiles.
These veneers are delicate and can chip or break with improper care. Let your dentist know if you have habits such as teeth grinding or nail-biting so that they can be corrected early.
When you go for dental veneers in Aurora, ON, you will be guided in choosing the right shade so that the veneers look exactly like the surrounding teeth. Teeth whitening treatment can be performed before the veneers are placed for a brighter smile.
After consultation, the tooth surface is reshaped, and an x-ray of the teeth to be treated is taken. Then, it is used to make customized impressions in a laboratory. They are made in about 2-4 weeks, and you may opt to have temporary veneers placed as you wait for the permanent ones to be made.
Once the veneers are ready, a small part of your enamel will be removed. Cleaning, polishing, and etching follow to allow the adhesive to bond properly with the tooth.
Special cement is applied to the tooth, and the veneer is placed over it. The cement is quickly cured using ultraviolet light. Slight adjustments can be made after checking your bite for a perfect fitting. In addition, you will receive advice on how to care for your veneer teeth for maximum benefits.
Make an appointment with us at Aurora Dental Center for the highest quality of dental care for the whole family.